cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop sales calls as a non Virgin customer

Help_Me_Please1
Joining in

Hi,

As the title says, How do I stop receiving sales calls as a non Virgin customer?

When I've called to remove myself from their phone list (if that's a thing) I'm told I need to give my account number, but I don't have one.

The contact centre employee told me that is the only way, and when I asked to speak to a manager to escalate this I was put on hold, then hung up on.

These calls are happening all through the day and quite late at night.

This has to be a GDPR breach right?

Can anyone help!?

7 REPLIES 7

Help_Me_Please1
Joining in

What do you do if you are not a virgin customer and keep getting these calls?

Help_Me_Please1
Joining in

How do I stop these calls if I don't have an account with Virgin?

Help_Me_Please1
Joining in

What would you do if you didn't have an account with VM?

When I call them to stop they say they need my account number to change my preferences.

I'm not a customer!

Help_Me_Please1
Joining in

What should I as a non VM account holder?

When I call them to stop they say they need my account number to change my preferences.

I'm not a customer!

Help_Me_Please1
Joining in

I'm not a customer, What should I do?

I've called once asking for the calls to stop and they say they need my account number to change my preferences.

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Please stop posting every 10 minutes. This isn't an instant response channel.

I am guessing the caller is a scammer pretending to be VM. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi @Help_Me_Please1 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're really sorry to hear about the number of calls you've been receiving 😔

Just to confirm, have you answered any of the calls? If so, what reason was given for the contact?

Also, have you specifically tried calling the sales team regarding this matter? The best number on which to do so would be 0800 183 1234.

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel