cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these all genuine email addresses?

Peterdb11
Tuning in

Hi, I’ve received an email from the first 2 email addresses (at the bottom of this page) about the volt packages for the o2 sim which i clicked on to then fill out my details to get the volt packages.  Once completed, I then got another email from the third email address (at the bottom of this page) with a title ‘Your Volt Bundle (I’ve removed this as its private)’ telling me;

Hello,

Your request for an O2 sim with a new 18-month contract has been passed to O2 to process.

Once confirmed, you’ll receive an email order confirmation from O2 and your sim in the post.

email@em.virginmedia.com

noreply@em.virginmedia.com

WebCampaigns@virginmedia.co.uk

are these genuine email addresses from virgin media?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI STEPHEN,

No this wasn’t.  This credit was set in place (or was supposed to be) shortly after we took out our new contract in feb 2023.  The internet connection for this property fell below the minimum standard, and so they said they would give Wi-Fi max for free for the lifetime of the contract alongside offering up to three pods with an £8 recurring payment for the lifetime of the contract.  After many many promises, this has not happened or been completed on the account.  

We are chasing tails on this.  I have emails from agents confirming what would be happening, yet it has not been fulfilled as promised.

How do I go about getting this credit completed on the account as the current bill is above where it should be, and will continue to do this until the company carry out the adjustments.

Regards

Peter

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Peterdb11,

Thank you for your post. From what you have described from the emails this does sound like our Volt emails. 

To confirm, have you signed up for a Volt package?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes it is was for a volt package.  I asked virgin today if the order went through and they explained that it hadn’t gone through to o2 and it had failed from their end so I had to do the whole process again.

Another failing with Virgin which is frustrating alongside credits to the account for other mistakes which keep not being applied.

Hi Peterdb11, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that order did not go through as expected. 

Can you confirm if you have received details by email since calling? 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi Chris,

After reordering again a new SIM card its now gone through.

We still have the issue with credits not being processed on the account as promised (both temporary and a permanent credit for £8 for the life of the contract).

Can you assist with this?

Thanks

Peter

Thanks for coming back to us Peterdb11 and I'm glad that your sim card order has now gone through. 

credit for £8 for the life of the contract

Was this part of your Volt sim contract?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

HI STEPHEN,

No this wasn’t.  This credit was set in place (or was supposed to be) shortly after we took out our new contract in feb 2023.  The internet connection for this property fell below the minimum standard, and so they said they would give Wi-Fi max for free for the lifetime of the contract alongside offering up to three pods with an £8 recurring payment for the lifetime of the contract.  After many many promises, this has not happened or been completed on the account.  

We are chasing tails on this.  I have emails from agents confirming what would be happening, yet it has not been fulfilled as promised.

How do I go about getting this credit completed on the account as the current bill is above where it should be, and will continue to do this until the company carry out the adjustments.

Regards

Peter

I'd like to take a closer look into this so will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and take it from there. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Alisha, I’ve just replied

I was told the following email address is a phishing email:

email@em.virginmedia.co.uk

is this correct?

Many Thanks,

Sean