cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door to door caller genuine?

aviii89
Joining in

I would like to know if the VM door to door caller was genuine.

He signed me up to a contract after I gave him my email address and I’m now receiving lots of emails about an installation date etc. and “My Virgin Media” (which I am unable to login to)

I did not give him any bank or card details.

I told him that I would like to first find out how much the early cancellation fee would be with my existing BT contract before making a decision then and there.

He also said I would get £50 credit on my account, but that I would need to give him my bank details directly. Which I am not comfortable with.

Someone please help, his name was Nazmul Harun.

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

From the fact that you are now receiving new customer correspondence (and his name being posted previously) it would appear that he is the real thing.

However apparently signing you up without your permission is not okay and I am sure VM will be interested to hear more when they respond. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Yes, I thought he was just taking some basic details to send me offers. Not a contract! I just want to be 100% sure about this before going ahead.

RT123
Dialled in

Sadly, this doesn’t seem unusual for the pushy door to door salespeople…

Just remember that you’ve always got the 14 day calling off period to call VM and cancel. 

I do not work for VM, just trying to help!