cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotter needed - help!

Kat990
Joining in

I am already a Virgin Media customer and have tried moving my service to my new address. I moved into a purpose built maisonette (built in 1905 so not a new address/new build) and the flat/address below me currently has Virgin Media I am told. However, I am the flat above and Virgin Media need to send a spotter to check they can service my property.

I am having absolutely no luck getting a spotter and the customer service team can never say if and when a spotter will actually ever visit. Based on similar posts in the Community it looks like this can takes months or even up to a year...

I work from home so really need Internet and am currently still paying my VM bill without a live service being provided. I know fibre is not available in the area and that is not what I am trying to move.- just regular Virgin Internet.  

Does anyone have advice on how to get or spotter or to escalate this? The property is not a new address and VM shows as available (on the VM post code checker webpage) to literally every other flat and address on the street.

I am puzzled by how frustrating and difficult this process is.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s the dreaded minefield of your service line having to cross another person’s property (assuming the flats are not internally wired). There are also height restrictions which means external wiring cannot go higher than the 1st floor (VM only employs a handful of trained heights teams). There also may be council restrictions on visible external wiring.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you - we own the freehold so I imagine the only property it would have to potentially cross is technically ours anyways (the downstairs neighbour already has Virgin installed too). Our front door is ground level and and we are the first floor flat so sounds like there shouldn't be any height restrictions

Hey Kat990, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

If you are a customer already and are planning to transfer  your account via a move, I would advise calling the movers team on 0345 454 1111 so they can look at organising the move and getting a spotter out if needed. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?