cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build in existing network area

R6ehd
Joining in

I have recently contacted vm 16th August for services at my new built bungalow. The sales woman was proactive to get the address released and confirmed installation date of 31st of August. I advised it will need construction as there is no TEE. Kelly's communicatio. Arrived to install cable and deferred due to blockage (no tee). Kelly's reffered back to virgin for network build request(NBR) to be authorised for construction. Every time I call VM they say construction will be completed by the end of the day. It never is. I'm being lied to daily and Kelly's have advised me they cannot even apply for planning permission to local council untill NBR is authorised.... my install is not due for 26th of October 23. Not happy about that if anyone has any information of who to contact to expedite this id be very greatful. 

4 REPLIES 4

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @R6ehd thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Unfortunately, if this has been referred back to construction works then it is our third party contractors who would be doing this.

However, as there is still some time before your installation of 26th October it does mean there is still some time away until we may resolve this.

Rest assured, we will update you if there are any changes regarding your installation date directly.

Many thanks

Tom_W

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to hurry this up, as Virginmedia's installation procedures are completely broken.

However you will be entitled to compensation specified by the regulator OFCOM. Make sure you keep records of all installation promises. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Vinegar
Up to speed

Do you happen to have anything in writing (and email, text message will legally suffice) to say they would install on 31st August? And this is important because if and when push comes to shove and you need to kick off regarding compensation, this is the critical date!

Now reading your post and the somewhat lacklustre responses from the forum team member, you do need to be prepared for the very, very real possibility that VM will not ever connect you up, well not within the foreseeable future, and, frankly if they are still even in business in two years, I’d be slightly astonished,

So, usual advice, what alternatives do you have? Keep records etc?

spell
Knows their stuff

And of course VM have absolute responsibility for their 'third party'?? contractor. There was a time that sub contractors ensured they did a good job to impress to ensure renewal of their contract. Currently they just have to be cheap.