cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to move broadband cabling to other room

hlltmby
Joining in

Hi there, just moved into a new address, the connection point for the Virgin cable is in a very awkward position above the front door in the hallway where there aren't sockets. There's no way to connect the cable to the router without cables crossing the floor and creating a hazard or going through another door. I would replace the cable with a longer one myself and mount it on the wall differently but from reading on here it seems Virgin would prefer to send a technician out for these things, so I would like someone to get in touch and arrange this for me.

We also need ethernet cabling in the living room for a few devices and really don't want to use powerline adapters if possible, so if the connection point and router could be moved in there that would be ideal.

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

£25 fee for this work and the VM tech will check power levels etc. when done, worth the expense.  However VM do not do any Ethernet cabling so you will have to do this yourself.  If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hlltmby, thank you for your post.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @Adduxi 👍

Regards,
Daniel