cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house, VM hub 5 flashing blue 3 days

Omaranwar
Tuning in

As mentioned, I have moved address, checked VM is available which it is at new address, took my hub5 plugged it in. Called up VM who said my net will be up and running 1st November. It is now 4th Nov and still no internet, after hours on the phone daily, VM customer service/technical whatever have passed the buck and are driving me insane.

Can someone please help me here? I am in dire need of my services as my family work from home as do I, VM customer service have been abysmal and half the time dont know whats going on. Is it this hard to move address with VM?

My router is flashing blue non stop. I cant even cancel it because one of the agents said the account "isnt activated" what the hell is that? How does  this work. 

VM...HELP ME

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You called up VM. Did you actually get a written confirmation of the change of address? There would be a formal contract change, not just a phone call. 

What do you see when you sign in to MyVirginmedia? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yes I got a new contract through on 2nd november, although the price is significantly higher. they sent me new wires to connect the hub 5 up today in the morning. No internet still, my virgin media app looks as nornal, no bills yey on the left, status says all looks good in your area.

When i run a test on my kit it says "sorry we cant run a test on your kit right now" 

Customer service have been confusing me all day, one person says we cant supply your address, then when i ask her to double check as i know it does she says oh yes my bad. This level of incompetence is really hard to deal with over and over.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

When you check your account on line, does it show your new address and new account number? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Cant seem to find where my address wpuld show, the contract number on the virgimedia app is the same as the new contract number they sent on 2nd nov

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Look on the Web account, not the app. 

- jpeg1

Apologies for late reply, yes address is new one. Still blue flashing light today 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried a factory pinhole reset on the Hub as below?  The reset pinhole on a Hub 5 is on the bottom of the Hub btw.

Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Have tried this a few times. No luck

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Omaranwar

We're sorry to hear of the blue flashing light on your hub, we appreciate the confusion caused and you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

The blue light usually indicates the WPS button has been pressed and the Hub is searching for a new device to connect, it's been a few days since your post. Is this still happening with you Hub 5?

From checking all of the levels and spec's are within the ranges we'd expect to see, the speeds all seem fine and minimal disconnections so it appears the Hub itself is working as expected.

Rob