cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually Assign Local IP Streambox

thebunyip
Tuning in

How can I manually set.the local IP of my streambox. I want to use ADBlock on the router however this stops some channels on the Streambox.

Regards.

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Note the MAC address of the stream box and use a reserved dhcp address. This will ensure the box gets the same IP at all times. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you. I was thinking more on the box itself as I need to assign DNS addresses, and unfortunately I cannot do that via a static DHCP address.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can’t help with that as I don’t use the stream box. Maybe get your own 3rd party router and use modem mode. At least you can then control your own network. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for trying to help.

I do use a third party and I set the IP via DHCP, however I cannot set the DNS individually via DHCP, and hence asking if there was a way to manually set it on the Streambox.

Client62
Legend

Where is the configuration manual for the Streambox ?

Now that's a good question. If I.knew I wouldn't be here haha 

Client62
Legend

Locate the manual on the makers website.

Who's the maker? These are all good suggestions, however VM makes the software, and it's an Android box. With that said, I cannot find the manual hence I'm on the VM forums asking.