cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is £40 per month for 350 Mb The best I can get, or can I do better?

bray91
Joining in

I’ve been a virgin media customer for about six months now and I got a call from the sales team, from someone who appears to be based in the Philippines. He offered £40 for 350 MB, and a virgin media box which I don’t really care too much about. I asked him to call me back once I had some time to think about it, do you think this is the best offer they will give or have they been known to go lower on this particular package? I don’t have much hope, I’m already a customer of theirs and I’m locked in for another 12 months, but I thought it would be worth asking.

1 REPLY 1

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Only you can really say but if it includes tele then it seems pretty good to me for an existing customer. The problem here is that generally VM offers are of the moment so you might not get a second bite of this particular cherry. The normal advice for cold calls is to think about it first but with the VM ones it might be better to accept if happy and use the 14 day cooling off period as required to revert back to your previous contract. Just satisfy yourself that it's not a scam call and don't give payment details. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).