cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Broadband Connection

MarkVM777
Joining in

I’m tearing my hair out. Before someone tells me i must have broadband because I have started this post as a last resort for help (I’m typing this post on my IPad which has a separate net connection)

On the 31st of July 2023, I moved addresses, the first VM engineer was booked to connect my broadband, after awhile, (less that 1hr) my broadband router started to go into recycle mode, after 40mins to an hour the recycling stopped, and the result was no broadband connection. I did the usual checks like switching the modem off wait a few mins then switching it back on this did not solve the problem, so i switched the cable from the computer to the VM hub 3, that did not help solve the fault, so I reset the modem, that did not solve the problem either, So I jumped through hoops after logging in to my VM app, and the app told me to wait 24hrs that did not help either. 

After phoning VM a technician was booked on the 24th of September, 2 technicians arrived, and told me (that they had discovered that the first technician had not named the connection in the green cabinet, and they had done a reconnect) that the first technician had not done. After they had gone the modem went into recycling, and did not stop for over 2hrs, result no broadband.

After jumping through hoops again, and another 24hrs, another technician was booked, he told me that the cable outside would need replacing, and he said i will have to wait 14 days, but in the mean time he i would have to put up with the fault.

On the 9th of October some external work was done, the VM router went into recycle mode, after 1hr had gone, the result was intermittent internet, fast forward to today .. after jumping through hoops again when accessing my virgin media, checking if I had paid my bill.. did I perform a reset, then I was asked to perform a reset, 

After 4 technicians and a re-pull = no internet connection. 

The VM community is my last resort for help, if this problem i have can not be fixed, I will have no option but to either go back to Sky or try some other ISP (a youfibre.com flyer was posted through my letter box this yesterday)

4 REPLIES 4

MarkVM777
Joining in

I forgot to add that I contacted VM to let them know that the fault still has not been fixed, after speaking to a VM overseas lady, and i explained the problem, after the security checks, the Lady asked many times, do you have a internet connection, which I replied No. I told her I have a wired connection, not WiFi, i also mentioned that I have done a reset of the vm modem/router, I have re-booted the modem, and i have done the test in My Virgin Media, and the result is that I have an intermittent signal problem. 

I then was asked if i had tried a different browser, i replied yes, i have even connected my laptop by cable, I was then asked if I have tried connecting to the modem/router using WiFi? Which my answer was yes, but I still have no broadband service, at which point the lady said I can not help you, i will have to phone you tomorrow, then the phone all was ended (not by me), The phone conversation end was strange, i have never been told that, i can not help you, i will phone you back tomorrow? If this was done to get rid of me, then if i decide to call vm customer service again i will be calling to leave vm, because it is very clear that they take my money, but they do not want to fix the problem of the Intermittent Signal problem, I think I have been very patient.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Your process for leaving will be a formal complaint to VM first of all requesting to leave with no early disconnection fees as VM has failed to resolve the issue over several months

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

The VM complaint is unlikely to be productive but is a required first step before escalating to arbitration

https://www.commsombudsman.org/

thank you for the links/info 

Well Sunday came, and went, and guess what… I had things to do but I stayed in, (I didn’t want to miss the call) All day, and no return phone call by I can not state that all VM Customer Services representatives are the same, but in my dealings on this matter, I followed the repetitive guides each time from July 31st when I moved into a new address till the present 16th of Oct. Only to be let down by some of the VM Customer Service Representative,  

Hello MarkVM777.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with internet connection.
I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L