cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation - unnecessary wayleave

anotherforumacc
Joining in

Looking for advice.

For some reason the 3rd part engineer has decided that to get services to my property they are going to use a piece of land between mine and my neighbors property, which belongs to my neighbor. The engineer that did the survey said they could use that instead of cutting up my drive which I told them isn't a problem as long as they patch it after as the land wasn't mine. So now I have to get the owner of next door to give permission for the access.

I have now unsuccessfully spent the last 3 days trying to track down the landlord for the rental house next door. (Student rental and the students all left a month ago). None of my other neighbors seems to have a clue who actually owns the property.

Called the CS helpline and tried to explain that the wayleave their engineer has request is unnecessary as they can install it through my drive. However they stuck to script and said the engineer had request it. How do I get VM to understand this? My services are over a month late as it is. I've been given a dongle for now until this gets sorted but don't see why I have to chase for this access when an alternative route is available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If the alternative route is via a piece of soft ground, it is likely to be a matter of less cost for VM and less effort for the sub-contractor instead of digging up your drive.

If you have already been given a dongle, you may possibly be in for a long wait. It has been mentioned on here in the past that these would be provided for an expected 8 week delay or more. See reply from Kath_F below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Installation-at-new-house-and-customer-se...

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If the alternative route is via a piece of soft ground, it is likely to be a matter of less cost for VM and less effort for the sub-contractor instead of digging up your drive.

If you have already been given a dongle, you may possibly be in for a long wait. It has been mentioned on here in the past that these would be provided for an expected 8 week delay or more. See reply from Kath_F below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Installation-at-new-house-and-customer-se...

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi anotherforumacc,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about the installation issues you're experiencing, just to clarify with this, did the technician advise that this was the only route possible?

Regards,

Kain