cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting on behalf of account holder

Reedo86
Tuning in

Can this be done via WhatsApp, and what details would I likely need?

My dad and his partner have bad issues with their internet, they have a huge list of errors on their router, amongst intermittent connection ( maybe related to the errors / fault with equipment ), his girlfriend is the account holder.

Neither of them are tech savy in the slightest, but I'd know what to say and bring up, and what to do if asked.

So as above, would I be able to discuss their account over WhatsApp, that would be my preferred choice, or would I have to call?

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Reedo86 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums.

If your Dad, and his partner, are experiencing faults on their service, then you can call up on their behalf as a Third-Party. We would need to clear the security details on the account with you to assist, but our team can assist via the phone, WhatsApp, or even these Forums.

If you can expand on the issues they're facing, we'll be more than happy to help. We also have a large community, who can assist, or give some potential fixes too.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece, thanks for the quick reply.

I can't really comment much on it now because I'm not at their house, but they've had connection dropping intermittenly for years now and they've just not done anything about it, and I don't like making contact either which is why I haven't done it sooner.

I was at their house recently, went to their router page and checked the status of it and the amount of things listed in their Network Log was ridiculous. I think their power levels didn't look great either, I'm going round there tomorrow so I'll be able to get proper readings which I'll bring up when I get in touch. 

Not sure I can do much else right now as I have no account details / info to provide, only their address. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Reedo86 👋

No worries at all. I'll drop you a private message to see if there's anything we can do. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your Profile Picture then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ