cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Delays

Rymar64
Joining in

Hello,

When I first signed up for Virgin Media, the install date for my broadband was set for 30th March 2024. Since then it's been delayed several times, with me just this week having two calls from virgin media agents two days apart to confirm the latest install date of 15th April is still going ahead, that someone over 18 needs to be present etc, only for me to received a message today only hours after one of those calls to say its had to be delayed again to 30th April "to do some essential work outside your property" (same reasoning as before).

To be frank, I was somewhat expecting this from reading other posts online. I'm aware of the automatic compensation scheme for delayed installs. I'm aware that the work will involve laying cable from the street box to the property. I've filled in the chat bot message you get questioning the property boundaries, etc, though nobody has actually surveyed the property (or if they have they've done it slyly without bothering me).

What I'd like to know is just how long these delays are expected to go on for, what the general experience is there, and the exact reasoning for the delays (especially after two calls to confirm the date, that strikes me as odd). The only reasoning given is that essential work outside the property needs to be carried out, but both I and Virgin Media are acutely aware of that - thats what the date is for.

Is there a wait for planning permits? Have they taken too much work on and now can't keep any dates? Is anything really being booked when these dates are being provided?

1 REPLY 1

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rymar64 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear your install has been delayed. Appreciate this is not ideal.

If it's due to construction work, this can take 6 - 8 weeks but rest assured the team will be doing all they can to get things moving as quickly as possible.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs