cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed install

Eyebob
Joining in

Returning customer here and sorry for the long post.

For context I'm a civil servant who works from home so having internet is important.

So I signed back up to VM broadband in mid October and given an install date of 3rd of November, shortly after signing up I received a phone call advising someone would be coming out to do a site assessment.

Couple of days later a VM van pulled up knocked at the door and said that he's looked at the work and should be quick and easy for "Commex" to do the external work should only take an hour to run the cable from the CAT box outside the house to the house, while talking to him he books the job and is given a date of 27th October for the work to be done.

27th comes an goes and no one turns up, I then get a text message saying it's been delayed to the 12th of December.

Several phone calls later over 3days and them "escalating" to their supplier. I'm told that the work needs to be carried out overnight, a job has been created but no one's assigned to it.

My latest phone call today 6/11, I'm told that as the install date is the 12th of December they will do the work anytime up to that date. Again I asked for this to be escalated

I'm currently tethering using my personal device but I have gone over my allowance (120gb) and will start to incur charges.

How can a simple 1 hour job take so long. Give me the cable and I'll do it myself....

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You say that you're a returning customer. I don't know how long ago that was, but Virginmedia is not what it was several years ago. The current owners have sucked every possible resource out of the company to save money, and you are seeing the results. Welcome back! 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hiya, I left nearly 4 years ago as I moved house and the new house didn't have VM. I had to go with Sky. But for the last 4 weeks sky internet has been very very sketchy to the point that they need to replace the line and telegraph pole but can't do that till the new year.

Come back to VM as they assured me that I would be setup within a couple of weeks.

Doesn't look like I will, the way things are going I'm going to get the whole contract for free based on their compensation of £5.80 per day delayed 🤣

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Just make sure that you keep records of all communications from VM. They have a habit now of claiming that promised dates are only 'provisional' and don't qualify for compensation. But the Ombudsman hasn't accepted this in reported cases. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hey Eyebob, thank you for reaching out and  also a warm welcome back to us.

I am sorry to hear there is a delay on the installation , I am sure the team are working on a quick fix for this for you to get you installed as soon as we can do. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?