cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming soon but not coming at all?

AdamR2
Tuning in

Hi folks,

we had cable installed in my street back in the sumner and had to sign forms to say I was happy for them to instal on my property if they needed, I then had an email saying it was being switched on in the street soon. Since then nothing happened and the postcode checker for my postcode SN152BZ says it’s not available (at one point it said it was coming soon).

Does anyone know how I found out what’s happening?  It seems strange to go to the hassle of digging up the entire street only to never switch the service on.

hoping it’ll come soon but I’m not too hopeful. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stephen93
Up to speed

We were the same, VM started digging up the causeways putting the cables in last May, their website said initially, “not available” then a few months later “were on the way” then a month or so later were into August, it said “not available no one knew why, it’s a nightmare if you ring VM you get different answers all of the time, anyway on 01/10/23 I had an email to say I can get VM up to a Gigabit, because of delays I had it installed on 08/11/23, with Stream, once it in it’s brilliant very fast, had Sky previously top speed 50mps this is lighting fast, very happy, I’m afraid it’s a waiting game.

once you can order & are given a date don’t cancel your current broadband because if there is a delay & VM are delayed (they do delay a lot & you get no explanation at all) you’ll have no broadband, I kept Sky on for a month before cancelling, I’m happy now but not everybody is.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen93
Up to speed

We were the same, VM started digging up the causeways putting the cables in last May, their website said initially, “not available” then a few months later “were on the way” then a month or so later were into August, it said “not available no one knew why, it’s a nightmare if you ring VM you get different answers all of the time, anyway on 01/10/23 I had an email to say I can get VM up to a Gigabit, because of delays I had it installed on 08/11/23, with Stream, once it in it’s brilliant very fast, had Sky previously top speed 50mps this is lighting fast, very happy, I’m afraid it’s a waiting game.

once you can order & are given a date don’t cancel your current broadband because if there is a delay & VM are delayed (they do delay a lot & you get no explanation at all) you’ll have no broadband, I kept Sky on for a month before cancelling, I’m happy now but not everybody is.

AdamR2
Tuning in

Thanks Stephen, looks like it’s just a waiting game. Was TV360 available? Seems like the new areas can only get broadband with stream. 

No TV 360 only stream because it’s the XPON it’s a fibre cable not coax, I’ve also been given 2 WiFi pods free of charge because I’m on the gigabit plan £45 for 18 months you can get 3 free on that plan, but you have to ring them, if you’re on a different plan they are £8 a month

AdamR2
Tuning in

Aah that makes sense. Thanks so much for replying, it’s been so frustrating to be told it’s being switched on in the next few days to now saying it’s unavailable in my area. To me it makes no sense whatsoever. 

Hello AdamR2.

Thank you very much for your post.

Sorry you have been getting mixed messages.

I can take a look and see if we have any updates for the network to be activated if you like?

I will need to send you a private message to take some details from you if you are okay with that?

If you can check the logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks AdamR2

I have forwarded your details on now to see if we have a specific date for activation.

As soon as I hear back I will let you know.

If you haven't heard back by next Thursday, would you be able to send me a private message.

Gareth_L