cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not working

Tayman67
Joining in

Hi my broadband has been off since 3pm Sunday 23/07 the hub is not showing when I search for available networks  is there a outage in this area B65

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We truly apologise for this experience @Tayman67 Our engineer will take a look at your equipment and service for a resolution. However, if your hub can not be repaired they are capable of changing the hub at the same appointment. Please let us know if you need any further help after the appointment and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tayman67, thanks for posting on our help forums and sorry to hear of the broadband issues faced recently.

Please, use our service status page here to search for any known area faults that may be affecting your services in general when you're experiencing a connection issue.

Since you've reached here, we've now checked for area faults for you and we found there are no broadband related issues showing currently - could you please pop us an update to check how things look today with your connection?

Also, have you tried to reboot or reset the hub (as seen here) and see if this helps clearing out the issues?
If an issue is still present please run our online checks on this link and we'll diagnose the problem to see if this can be fixed remotely, if not we'll allow you to book a tech visit online from there.

Do tell us more on how you get on and if you still need support with your services or equipment, we're eager to assist you where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

Hi Adri_G

tech is booked for Thursday the hub4 has a constant white light even after a reboot it’s not showing as an available network I have tried re-set still nothing works 

We are glad to hear an engineer appointment has been booked for you. In the meantime, can you let me know if you are having issues with both wired and wireless devices? Are your other services affected similarly?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi Akua_A

yes all of my services are affected ,stream box and all Ethernet connected items

regards

This is certainly not ideal. Our team will aim to resolve this for you as soon as possible at the given appointment. Please also check here to see if you may be entitled to compensation https://virg.in/autocomp

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi Akua_A

Hope it will be fixed my son works from home we have had no service at all since Sunday 23/07 can you tell me if the tech will be able to replace hub on visit if it is found to be faulty

thanks

We truly apologise for this experience @Tayman67 Our engineer will take a look at your equipment and service for a resolution. However, if your hub can not be repaired they are capable of changing the hub at the same appointment. Please let us know if you need any further help after the appointment and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi Akua_A

my broadband is working again After the tech visit the hub had failed and has been replaced

thanks for your help

Glad to hear this @Tayman67 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team