Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 41 kudos

Intermittent loss of broadband - help please!

Having been a happy Virgin customer for 3 years on 250 mbps, then 350, then 500, using a Hub 3, we moved to a new contract in April at 1G and a Hub 5. Since that time, we have had almost daily loss of broadband connectivity, with episodes lasting a f...

Wifi pods required

I’m new to virgin media and I’m struggling with the wifi reaching my front door and back garden cameras. Wifi on 1 bar or off altogether. How can i request 2 pods please? 

Unable to get wifi in back room

I am unable to get any wifi in the back room of my average sized 2 bed house. Asked on the phone for a pod (as when with sky then sent me a booster with no issues & free of charge) and they were not willing to send me one. Hoping for more luck on her...

JTS1109 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Very poor WIFI in one of my bedrooms.

Hi. I've just done a WIFI test using your connect app and while some of the bedrooms are OK, my main bedroom has a really poor connection, less than 8mb a second from a 250 speed service. I can't really move the hub because of the way it's been fitte...

MV20 by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conflicted setting hub5

I recently had my Hub 3 replaced with a Hub 5.  The technician who replaced it changed the hub 5’s SSID number and password to the one I had with the Hub 3 which saved filling in passwords again.  Everything has been working fine.   Out of curiosity ...

orzel by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-fi problems

Last night my WiFi was intermittent I reset the hub and it seemed OKToday I’m just getting a red flashing light on my hub and no WiFi, the virgin app says no local issues anyone else having problems?

Calum3 by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Constant packet loss since Sunday

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9866a51e3e0215dec029b24b2c034aadba3102c0 Hi,I have been experiencing constant packet loss since Sunday as seen in the bqm. It has been causing issues to workflow/games as jitters and l...

ZR_K by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 3 constant red light

Hi,The router is showing a constant red light and does feel warm to the touch, I have called in but not getting much luck there after being asked the same questions for over an hour.To remedy the problem I have tried:• Turning the power switch off on...