Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Frequent reboots and partial US only status

Over the past 6 weeks I've noticed the hub rebooting itself on a near daily basis. Occasionally when I log into the hub it also tells me there is a partial US only status. Now over the past week or so, sometimes after the hub reboots, wireless device...

Skirkle by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Signal problems

We have switched to virgin m125 on a hub 3 after having sky.  We seem to have 2 issues, these being weak / no signal upstairs and possibly interference from pretty much every device in the house- no signal in the kitchen if oven or hob are on, no sig...

Broken grey box, disconnects and lag for almost 1 year

Been having trouble for almost 1 year with disconnects, lag and no upload. Been messaging back and forth for ages. Now I've sent in the images of the broken box, which may well be the problem for us and our street. Now all of a sudden the private mes...

Gazzl80 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband Quality Chart all over the place recently?

During the month of May and previous months, my BQM charts were all nice and level : However, since the beginning of June, they have been like this :As you can see - massive differences in the spikes?!! My speeds and service are still the same as I c...

deans6571_0-1686649635087.png deans6571_1-1686649680365.png deans6571_2-1686649722352.png deans6571_3-1686649758565.png

How do I order a Wi-Fi booster?

How do I order a Wi-Fi booster? I was told one would be supplied as part of my installation but it wasn’t. I cannot get device connected to hub via Virgin Media Connect.

Wifi not working after lightning strike

We had a lightning strike extremely close to our flat yesterday, and since then our WiFi isn't working. Several fuses tripped and we heard a few pops, but not sure if the wall plug for the WiFi was one of them.At first the hub 5 was flashing red, and...