Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 40 kudos

Internet down/Restart between midnight/1AM

This is the second night where sometime between midnight and 1AM I have lost internet and hat to wait/restart my superhub 3.I run my SH3 in modem mode and it just seems to have lost internet at this hour last night and now tonight and the lights on t...

vm1.png

WiFi inoperable

WiFi has been down since 15:00 today 19 September in the Slough/Windsor area. VM said it will be rectified by 12:30pm 20 September. Rely on this service for work. Not the first time and won't be the last. WiFi is the norm now and I pay decent money f...

SdmikeTv by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

My wifi hub is intermitting all morning

My wifi hub has been intermitting on and off for the last few days. I can go hours with internet then i go hours without. But when i got up this morning it wasnt on and still dont have any internet. I have restarted the hub multiple times and made su...

Re: Broadband & WiFi Dropping issues Hub 3

Downstream bonded channelsChannelFrequency (Hz)Power (dBmV)SNR (dB)ModulationChannel ID1379000000040256 qam312203000000-3.540256 qam93211000000-3.540256 qam104219000000-3.438256 qam115227000000-3.435256 qam126235000000-3.238256 qam137243000000-2.7402...

Pozersko by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replacement PSU for Super Hub 4

I have a super hub 4 and the PSU has a faulty connection; if the mains plug (this is the part with the electronics in) is touched in anyway at all the Super Hub 4 goes off and the plug has to be "fiddled with" to get it to come back on. The Hub 4 it'...

ghj290 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! 6 WEEKS OF LOSS SERVICE

can anyone explain, how 6 weeks of los of service, speaking to tech services, new router installed and complaints! and no further forward!   complaints dont respond and call you back.  Would like to know what im paying for. Time to cancel direct debi...

Cable across front garden

Hi everyone,Recently moved home, and have cables diagonally across my front lawn, barely an inch underneath the top of the grass (at least they were before I raised them for this photo).The cable isn't long enough for me to place in a neater fashion....

PXL_20230916_144431610.jpg

Trouble with my new hub5 and virgin connect

Hi, I got my hub changed about a week ago or so and it got upgraded from a hub 4 to hub 5. Just today I went to check on virgin connect, the app, my broadband and such but even though I'm connected to the hub and have WiFi, the app isn't picking it u...

Cohen24 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos