Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Resolved! 2.4ghz not showing up

Hi, I was having problems with the wifi and did the troubleshooting which guided me to a factory reset. Now only the 5ghz is showing up and all the smart bulbs, washing machine and things have been disconnected. They all require the 2.4ghz but it's d...

Ktyjay88 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect App

Hi,I keep getting an error when I log in to the connect app “oops something went wrong”. I have tried restarting and refreshing but no joy. It worked fine up until a few days ago. I have the Hub 5x fyi. Also whilst I’m here, I’ve never been able to p...

WIFI Pod (Black) not working with new Hub 5x

My WIFI Pod was working, but just received a new Hub 5x and the Pod will not connect!Tried turning off and on without success. Held reset button for 10 seconds and it still not recognised by the router. Seems to go through correct sequence, but at th...

ramstell by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM Connect App

Hi, I'm having a few issues with the VM Connect App.  I've read about the issue with the pause/unpause function, which is affecting me but now the app is unable to find my x5 router at all. I get a brief message saying its an issue at their end (Virg...

My modem keeps making a whining noise

Hello everyone has anyone had an issue with there modem making a whining noise the modem was installed last year but suddenly it’s started to make an unbearable noise  can anyone guide me on what to do next 

Solid Red light on hub

I’ve had a solid red light on my Hub 3 for a couple of weeks. Wifi is okay, but maybe a little flaky. When I rang to ask what was happening, I was told it would be gone in 24 hours, but obviously this hasn’t been the case. I’m a little concerned my h...

Swisslet by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi pods, one flashing blue, one flashing green

Had new hub 3 installed over weekend after it overheated. Technician came, replaced hub 3. Now our WiFi pods will not connect. One flashes blue. One flashes white. Tried the connect app. That tells me I’m not home?! Even though I’m sat here right now...

Resolved! Poor wifi coverage

I live in a 4 story house with brick walls and am struggling to get wifi coverage throughout the property. Extenders have caused issues with "Connected without internet" so Virgin tech told me to turn the extender off - something to do with a SSID co...

RobD1967 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet Spikes

As you can see from my thinkbroadband graphs over the past few days there is a constant issues with latency services with my home WiFi. Despite rebooting and even receiving a new Hub 4 the issues still occur. 

77f60303c87fec651d7378d4793b4c8431a0219a.png 2222.png 333.png