cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero upload but only on 1 PC

Arkham24601
Joining in

Just upgraded to VM 1Gig from 20Mbs Sky.  All is good except my desktop PC (Windows 10)

On Sky the download speed would be about 20Mbs and the upload about 10.

On connecting to the VM Hub (5x on FTTP) my upload is zero. It's only this PC though. Every other device has the expected upload speed. I've tried wired and also wireless to no avail.

4 REPLIES 4

Arkham24601
Joining in

Update: Silly me didn't unplug the ethernet cable when testing wireless. Wireless is fine - wired ins't (but was before on Sky BB)

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you checked the ethernet NIC's IP address is correct for VM?  You should reset the NIC and make sure it is getting a correct DHCP IP address from the Hub. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. I think I just sussed it. Apparently my “killer” Ethernet adaptor had some software running that I had to delete 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Arkham24601,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your uploads speeds but glad to hear that you have been able to get this resolved. Please let us know here on the forums, if you have any further issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L