cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi suddenly gone!

ExxxyBeast
Tuning in

Hi there.

On Hub4 and wifi has suddenly gone.  Hard wired connection fine and no reports of any issues in my postcode.

Turned Hub4 on and off a few times and nothing.  Opened up VM Connect app and there's a warning triangle on the broadband tab.  Go into that and it states 'we can't find the hub'.

Pressed try again a few times and nothing, same message 'we cant find the hub'.

Have followed the try installing again option on the VM connect app and still nothing - we cant find the hub.

Any help greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Forget the connect App for a moment - do your devices still see the Hub's  SSID?

Log into the Hub's settings (on a wired connection) and see if the wireless settings are as they should be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi

Yes if i look at wifi on my mobile, I can see my wifi network name, but it states connection failed.

Logged into the Hub settings and as far as I am able to tell (although I dont know what I'm looking for to be different) all looks ok?

Ive followed the VM instructions on the problems page and done a 'reset the hub automatically' which takes 20 minutes and still no wifi.

ExxxyBeast
Tuning in

Id also add that my chosen network name has gone and all I can see now is the old VMXXXXXXX SSID name in my wifi networks.  I changed this quite some time ago when I received a wifi pod and the set up encouraged me to set up a network (or something).  This was months ago though and all has been fine until tonight.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Maybe a daft Q but.... as the SSID has reverted to the one on the sticker then so will have the password.  So are you using that one on your devices... or are they still trying the one that you changed too ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi ExxxyBeast, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having some issues with connecting to your WiFi. 

Taking a look this end, we can see you've done a pin hole reset on the hub so this would have disconnected all devices and also reset the hub back to the original details. 

You should use these to connect to the network. Give that a try and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs