cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary email will not send

arthurjack
Joining in

Well here we go again. Suddenly yesterday 28th April 2024 i was unable to send emails from my secondary account. It receives emails, but cannot send - just says change emails settings. Not what settings, as they are the same as when it was working!

Logging in to my Virgin account is - as usual - no help as you can’t ever do anything. EXAMPLE why can’t I log in to the account and send an email from my secondary account? The only account that shows in email is the main one. Yes it tells me I have a secondary account but apparently I can’t actually access it!. I’ve been with Virgin now for 22 years and like most things to do with computers everything gets worse with every “upgrade” now there’s an ironic term.

okay, enough moaning. Has anyone any idea what’s gone wrong. This happened last year, but worse as I could neither send or receive, so at least at the moment I can receive bit not send.

5 REPLIES 5

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi arthurjack

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community. 

We're sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing the secondary email account. 

Please Sign into the account here using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in, please click on 'Update Settings' then 'Account details'. You should now see the options to change password.

Please let us know how you get on. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for quick reply, but … when I sign in with the secondary email and password it tells me one of them is wrong? It asks have you forgotten password, but I try to change it I have to sign in with my main virgin media email and password. This gets me to my account and yes the secondary email is listed? …

We see 🤔

Have you been experiencing the issue sending emails when signed in via our webmail or through a different client?

If you have just been using a third part client up to now, can you please try signing into My Virgin Media using the secondary email credentials? 

Thanks

Beth

arthurjack
Joining in

My wife uses the secondary email via Apple Mail - we both use Apple Mail on iPads. When I try to sign in to Virgin Media using the secondary address it says either the address or password are wrong. The address is right - it’s in the Virgin Media account, so it must be the password?? However, that’s still the same as it’s always been. She is still receiving email okay, but can’t send

Thank you @arthurjack 

I'm going to pop you a private message so we can take a closer look into this. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.