cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi speeds

vaughanster
Tuning in

Ive just read an article about virgin promising 30mpbs in every room, if you dont get this you can get 3 wi fi pods free , and £100 credit on your  bill ?????? No way am i ever going to get 30 mpbs, can you send me 3 pods , and £100 credit on bill ?? Please reply if this is right or wrong ? 

8 REPLIES 8

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No. 

If you are not happy with your WiFi performance you can add one or more 'pods', which are only free if you are on certain high level contracts. Otherwise you have to rent them at £8 every month. These only guarantee 20Mbps, and if that fails you might be eligible for a one-off £100 credit. 

There are much better ways of improving WiFi performance.

Edit: The WiFi guarantee used to say

This means if you don't get download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room, and our WiFi Pods don't do the trick, we'll pop £100 credit onto your next bill.

but it now seems to have been changed to 30Mbps

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @vaughanster,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

You can read more about Wi-Fi Max and the Wi-Fi Guarantee here, but you don't get the credit you're referring to until you've had all three Wi-Fi Pods (if needed) and if the issues continue despite us making efforts to help resolve it.

Are you experiencing any problems with your Wi-Fi service currently? If so, can you expand on what problems you're facing and what steps you've taken thus far in an effort to resolve them?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Im sat in living room 4 feet away from router and still only get 26mbps so how can they say we'll get 30 ???? It hoes up and down in other rooms with pods in , but never above 26 ?? I have 2 pods but dont know if they are working ? 

Hi @vaughanster,

Thanks for expanding. It's a shame to hear you're having these issues with your Wi-Fi connection.

Would you mind explaining what steps you've taken to try and remedy this so far? Have you set up the Pods? You can find out more information on setting up and troubleshooting the Pods here.

Thanks

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

What device are you using for testing?

Samsung galaxy s21 ultra 

Yea showing 2 pods on connect app

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/