cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi keeps skipping

hossfitt
Joining in

It's an absolute nightmare trying to watch Amazon prime WiFi keeps skipping a lot so buffering for a bit I have had my hub2 router since I joined Virgin and that was yonks ago. Am I better buying my own router and switching to modem only 

3 REPLIES 3

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hossfitt Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Wi-Fi.
I've had a look and I can see that there are some area issues which have been affecting service.

We've logged an internal case down for the issue, the networks team has advised that this should be fixed within 24 hours.
Please continue to monitor the connection and let us know how it goes.

You may also wish to try and do some home checks, i.e. reboot the hub, ensure it is in an open space, allow the hub to be out in the open.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the network issues clear up but the issue persists then I think @Ilyas_Y  should at least arrange to replace the old SH2 as it is well passed its sell by date - Hub 3/4/5/5x's have all been released since the SH2 saw the light 😎

But... having your own router and wireless equipment with the SH2 in modem mode will be a quantum leap better than an SH2 in "normal" mode.  And I would say a better option with the later Hubs too.

I have been configured that way for >20 years.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @hossfitt, how is the connection currently performing for you?

I understand that the local area issue has since been resolved.

Do please keep us updated and if anything further is required, we'll be on hand to assist where possible.

Thanks,

David_Bn