cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi keeps dropping out

Stayfun
Joining in

For the last few Months my Internet has been dropping off then it comes back on again

particularly frequent with office laptop

recently upgraded to m500, technician came changed router, still the same problems 

driving me crazy 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this first...

You say internet is dropping but is it wifi related - So can we check… are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check on one to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?
What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Light stays white, other devices ok. Settings checked on laptop / no issues. Drop rate 3-4 times an hour. A pod is being sent but I fear that will not resolve. Sitting 2 meters away from router !!

Client62
Legend

Take a close look at the office laptop's power ( saving ) options including the device manager power settings for the Wi-Fi adaptor.

Many are configured with quite aggressive power saving settings and these can include options that allow a pause of the Wi-Fi adaptor to save power which results in loss of VPN connections / dropped Zooms calls and the like. 

Often an office laptop is more stable on the mains adaptors, with an always on power profile and with a network cable.

Hi there @Stayfun 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you again for posting. I can see you have mentioned that a Pod is being sent out, are you able to let us know how things are looking after this has been installed? 

Can I also ask if there is a VPN on this laptop at all?