cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pods not showing in connect app or connecting

fernbank
Tuning in

Hello, we were we were having all kinds of problems with the Wi-Fi. Virgin replaced the hub 3 with a new one, and since then the two Wi-Fi pods, we had no longer show in the connect app, or connect to the hub. I rang technical support and all they suggested was that we needed a replacement Wi-Fi pod. The Wi-Fi pods are less than 12 months old so I can’t understand why they can’t be re-registered to the new hub. Does anybody have any ideas or do we just need to replace the Wi-Fi pods? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fernbank, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our private messages, your WIFI pods should be able to connect to your new Hub moving forward now that they've been provisioned for your new Hub.

Please let us know if it's been successful on your side 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

The two WiFi pods are not working because they are paired to the previous Hub 3.

As you have an internet service provided via a Hub 3, the Wi-Fi pods are being charged at £8 per month each or £192 per year for the pair.  I suggest cancel the VM Wi-Fi pods and buy a pair of Wi-Fi repeaters that you can configure to use with any ISP.  

Here are two examples ...
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8881166?clickPR=plp:3:8
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2801939?clickPR=plp:2:8

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fernbank,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your WIFI Pods looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration since having your Hub replaced 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

What @Client62 has mentioned is correct - They will still be paired to your old Hub that was replaced, so we need to get them paired up to your new Hub instead.

I'll send you a Private Message now so we can get it sorted 🙂 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fernbank, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our private messages, your WIFI pods should be able to connect to your new Hub moving forward now that they've been provisioned for your new Hub.

Please let us know if it's been successful on your side 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

fernbank
Tuning in

It worked! Thanks 

Thanks for letting us know Fernbank! 😁

I'm glad your WIFI pods are now connecting to your Hub, if you need any further help, please reach out to us again. 

Have a lovely weekend.

Thanks,

Megan_L