cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin internet down

Tyler93
Joining in

Hi dunno if anyone could help but my internet started to mess about last night but i managed to get it working but now its been down the entire day, i have two solid green lights as shown in the picture but my arrow lights just constantly flash green and its stressing me out.

Tyler93_0-1695304316758.png

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First thing is to check for any “known network faults in your location - Look in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

If nothing is reported on those come back here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Try the automated service status number 0800 561 0061 to check for any faults in your area.

Just tried and they are coming back as fine but tbh customer service is awful with virgin, BT 10x quicker and more helpful.

Came back as fine, it’s driving me insane as I can normally fix these issues

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK - what Hub model is it?

try a reset as below

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/should be.

Report back if that fixes it

Also - are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Was your area affected by the heavy rain last night/evening?

It did rain but I wouldn’t say worse than usual

It is a hub 3 VMDG505 / TG2492LG-VM and it affects wired and wireless as my ps5 is connected via Ethernet and it doesn’t connect.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.  Explain and see what they say when they test your connection

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

--------------------
John
--------------------