cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best location of WiFi Pods

ajo
Tuning in

Our router is 2 floors up, old install Telewest days and that is where the computer was at the top of the stairs in an open space. I have one WiFi Pod plugged in on the landing below this, again in an open space. The 2nd WiFi Pod is harder to place. All the plug sockets are within closed rooms. Where it has been for a while I don't think is working that great.

I think I read it is good to place on a joining wall rather then a side wall, the only place for this would be between a sofa and a brick wall.

The only other place would be almost directly below the 2 above, but this would be by the front door.  Is this a waste of location.

Thanks for any hints

3 REPLIES 3

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @ajo 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

The best thing to do to find the optimal location for each Pod would be to download the Connect app where you can scan for blackspots in the property and get some great advice as to how's best to optimise the Pods. You can find more information on this here.

If you also have any further questions regarding our Pods or WIFI Max, we have a great help page here.

Let us know if you need anything further, we're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I have found the connect app pretty poor when I tried it. If there is a bad connection it cant go any further.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response,

When you are on the Connect app where are the blackspots present?

Regards,

Kain