cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Hub 4 Password Problem

golf20vT
On our wavelength

So,

Been having problems for a while, engineer came and renewed the Hub 4 and on the Bottom is a Wifi password

The same password is printed on some stickers he gave us, but when i try to use it they don't work?

the only way to link to the hub by laptop is by pushing the WPS button 

but our TV and Phones don't have this option

any ideas please 

Thanking you in anticipation

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try this...

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

The two Passwords for hub settings and wifi will reset to those on the base sticker so use them to log in and also change them back to what they were or you want them to be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

Have you tried to login to the Hub via http://192.168.0.1/ using the Hub Password,
then verify the Hub's Wi-Fi passwords are set as expected from the labels.

Might be best to use a network cable connected laptop.