cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tado not working on HUB 5

Eggytel
Tuning in

I am having the exact same issue as some other posts on here. Having switched to VM recently. Having switched to VM recently. My heating system which is less than a year old no longer working due to not being able to connect to the internet..Luckily I found an old wifi extender with an ethernet port that does appear to do the job but it is temperamental. I really don't see why a customer should be spending more money to provide a bodge when an IP's HUB should have at least one port capable of some backward compatibility or a means to provide this supplied by the IP. VM support links always appear to send me back to a post on here without any clear answers from their own technical support, rather opinions of what might work from (what I am sure are very knowledgeable) fellow customers. I have posted on the end of that post and appreciate advice from others regarding the use of a 10/100 switch ...however direct help from VM is sought for which I have been advised to start a new thread!

Seems barmy to me that this is how you seek technical advice beyond the self diagnosis tool which factory resets the HUB, and yes already tried and failed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Eggytel
Tuning in

Update to thread is that as per suggestions from other members I opted for an additional switch unit ( 10/100Mbps Ethernet Switch was search in Amazon/Google) this cost less than £10 and does require extra power source. It has now been in place 1 week and I have had no drop off in service allowing heating to work. Thanks again to those offering advice.

My issue is still the lack of built in backwards compatibility especially for what must be a very common set up and the lack of information directly from VM to help other than via this forum.

I hope however that anyone with a similar issue can use this thread to solve the issue relatively quickly.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately I do not think you will get a definitive answer from VM. It has been proved by others that the Hub5 only has ports that support 100/1000, not 10/100/1000. Also VM have never published the technical specifications of any of their hubs. My suggestion is to buy a cheap 5 port network switch about £10 to £15, but do not use it on port 4 the 2.5G one. That’s another story.  

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Client62
Legend

If VM replaced the Hub 5 with a Hub 3 or Hub 4 would that make the OP content ?

Eggytel
Tuning in

Thanks Client62 for your support on other thread and Tudor here I understand that this appears to be the route to take...the issue is being able to get an answer from VM regarding the equipment they supply! 

The lack of compatibility with what is still a relatively common interface ... Yes TADO could/should also be held to account as they are using an older system in the assumption that backward compatibility is available!

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Might as well get a better router and use hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Eggytel  thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with our hub 5 and compatibility issues.  Can you please confirm what you're looking to be your next steps?  As I can see you've been given advice from our fantastic fellow community members.

Regards

Lee

Did you get any answers to this? Since joining in Feb, I’ve had nothing but issues. Mainly this situation with Ethernet ports not working or getting ridiculously high ping/latency when they do. 

any help appreciated.

Eggytel
Tuning in

Update to thread is that as per suggestions from other members I opted for an additional switch unit ( 10/100Mbps Ethernet Switch was search in Amazon/Google) this cost less than £10 and does require extra power source. It has now been in place 1 week and I have had no drop off in service allowing heating to work. Thanks again to those offering advice.

My issue is still the lack of built in backwards compatibility especially for what must be a very common set up and the lack of information directly from VM to help other than via this forum.

I hope however that anyone with a similar issue can use this thread to solve the issue relatively quickly.