cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on virgin hub 3

Nixys27
Joining in

Hello 

I have a permanent red light on my virgin hub 3 - looking online it says that this is due to overheating. My device is not covered and is out in the open, should I unplug it? How would I go about getting this fixed? 

thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

Linzz897
Tuning in

I've just had this issue.   You need an engineer to come out and give you a new hub.  It took me several phone calls and a complaint before the engineer was eventually booked in.  All sorted now except my WiFi pod won't connect to new hub so I'll have to ring them again.  Why do they make things so difficult?   Good luck.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pods are supposed to be registered to the Hub, so this needs looked at.

Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub/Pod serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED persists after a pinhole reset, it will need replaced.  This is the overheat warning and should be working correctly otherwise it's a risk.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod should pick this up and discuss directly with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

speckett
Tuning in

Its not overheating, don't worry I have had this issue for months now, with the led occosionally flickering from red to orange to white, might I add very rarely. Its just a case of the led has gone bad, My wifi has remained constant, if it was down to the suggested overheating then your wifi signal would be poor to non existent, and tbh there is little in the router to overheat

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The issue VM have is this is the overheat warning and if it is not working as it should, it could be considered a risk.

Normally VM will just send an engineer to swap the Hub out.  I suspect they can't take the risk of an electrical fire, especially if the account holder has made VM aware of the possible fault.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Nixys27,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your router at the moment.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L