cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent daily signal dropouts - morning, noon and night!

fxx051920
Tuning in

Since switching to the 1000GB service and the new Superhub, I have been experiencing persistent daily dropouts of my broadband signal - lasting anything from seconds to several minutes.  I have rebooted the Superhub numerous times.

It is getting to the point where I am unable to work effectively from my home office, and watching TV on demand is a major chore as there is constant stuttering and buffering.  I made a previous service call late last year where I was told that there was "intermittent signal" and the situation should be resolved.  Nothing has happened.

I am paying a lot of money for a service that I am not getting.  Can someone get this back on track please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @fxx051920 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your services at this time. 

I have checked the systems at our side and can see that you're affected by an area issue at this time. You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

The estimate fix time for this is currently 10th August 2023 at 12:30, please try a reboot your equipment after this time and let us know if you have any further issues. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

I was told that there was "intermittent signal" - verify the progress to resolve via 0800 561 0061

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @fxx051920 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your services at this time. 

I have checked the systems at our side and can see that you're affected by an area issue at this time. You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

The estimate fix time for this is currently 10th August 2023 at 12:30, please try a reboot your equipment after this time and let us know if you have any further issues. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Let’s hope there is a resolution after this! 🤞 

I can assure you the team are working to have this resolved as soon as possible for you. 

We'll be here to support further if needed @fxx051920 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Don't expect any fixes any time soon! I live in London, HA9 area and since 9th of July I have practically no Internet 90% of the time!

They also gave me 10th of August as a final fix date for the fault in the area and I don't have Internet again since around 10pm yesterday! It now says fix estimated by 4pm on 11th, so today!

They were constantly pushing it forwards for the last month that I'm chasing it, so don't expect it to be fixed any time soon.

Apologies for the delays budyII, we understand the frustration and you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

From checking, there is currently an SNR issue in your area. This will cause intermittent service issues and can be notoriously difficult to locate but once this is done the fix is usually quite quick. The current issue is registered under reference F010874929 with an estimated fix date and time of today at 4pm.

Rob