cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network speed

Hazzerdavey
Joining in

I have had the wifi for around a month and it’s started to be very slow in the bedroom. Is there anyway of getting a booster box for this, I can’t even use tiktok at the moment and am getting very poor speeds.

Any tips on how to get a booster would be helpful

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Read the pinned thread. 
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/How-do-I-order-the-Wi-Fi-pods/td-p/5123613

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Hazzerdavey,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your speed at the moment, I have looked into this and we can provide a up to 3 WiFi pods but the package that you are currently on there would be a charge of £8 per month. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As there is a charge of £8/month you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever.

If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point(s), (4) a pair of good quality Wifi Powerline Adaptors, or a combination of (2&3).

£40-100 (that’s ~4->12 months of Max Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage. Spend more for additional advanced“features” - if required.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.