cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet losing connection

Andybeech1993
Joining in

Some reason they have disabled the ability to raise a ticket now maybe I'm blocked 🚫 I have lived at this address 2 years and since I have had issues with the connection being so un stable wired and wireless. I have got thr new hub which has been replaced recently, the engineer tried to blame my router so removed it from the setup this has not helped at all. Watching a program on my ipad constantly buffering, was streaming to twice via wired connection keeps dropping out. What do I do? On 1gb package 

15 REPLIES 15

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly... Can we check… are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What actual Hub model is it (on its base sticker) ?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I did state in my original post it was both wifi and wired. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK - lets look at the connection quality - can you do this....

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. No need to log in - just click on the “Router Status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3/4/5) or top/right (SH’s) - of the Login page.

Then… Navigate to these “data pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again). If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

Also, If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then, click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I seem to be struggling to login or create an account with the thinkbroadband and now it's locked me out I'll try later when I'm on the PC.

Hey Andybeech1993, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about your connection issues.

I have some run some tests and your levels are coming back very good and healthy I can't see any major issues at all.

How has your connection been over the 48 hours? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi thanks for replying and it seems very up and down both on a wired connection and on a WiFi connection, I am currently using the new hub and 1 pod upstairs to boost the WiFi strength and the ethernet is connected to the 1gb port I do get the speed it's more the stability of the connection.

Hello Andybeech1993.

Thanks for replying.

I'd like to take a look into this for you in a bit more detail.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Andybeech1993
Joining in

1000005425.jpg

Is this normal behaviour to see on the monitor?