cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping

Kyri4
Joining in

Over the past 3 nights the internet drops for half an hour affecting the tv, phone and all devices. This happens between 6pm and 7pm. Why is this happening?

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

drops for half an hour - that is quite a chunk of time

What Hub do you have and what Hub panel lights do you see during that period ?

Hiya I have the hub 5 light is white like normal then turns to red. I did a hard reset tonight all working so far. Will see what happens tomorrow evening. Thanks for the reply

Client62
Legend

Call the automated number 0800 561 0061 to see if there is a known fault affecting your street.

Hello

Thanks for answering

I phoned virgin no faults from their end. Did go down again today at 6.05pm then back up at 6.50pm. Hub light flashing red. Then back to white. But while on white nothing was connecting to the internet. Even the tv kept saying channel failed. Virgin said they were going to send me a wifi booster but i did say it just happens at this time every night. Said it would cost £25 to send out tech so i should see how it goes with the booster.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kyri4 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband.

How has the connection been since your last post? Have you noticed any improvement whatsoever? Please do update us now the booster is up and running 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello 

Thanks for the reply. Booster is arriving today. Internet has been better. Only TV glitched last night but not for long. So hopefully it should be ok.

Thanks