cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent wifi

rebster
Tuning in

Hello

Our wifi appears to not be working for the best, I have used the connect app and we get a not to bad a signal, problem is it keeps dropping out we can watch something for maybe 10 15 mins the the loading circle then we have to restart the whole process other times it drops in seconds to minutes.

Super hub 3

200mb connection

Any help greatly appreciated

Rebster

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

If you are not using VM Pods, then disable the Smart Optimisation on both Wifi bands,, then manually set the best channel for your environment.  This will stop channel hopping and disconnects whilst doing so.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub.

Setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this...

Can we check… are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check on one to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.