Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Weak security issue on IOS 17

I have an issue with WIFi on my phone I often get a weak security warning. Which says ‘see pic below’. When this happens the Wi-Fi on my phone will not work and I have to turn it off and use my 4G. I am not tech savvy and have no idea what this means...

IMG_5454.jpeg
RAC24 by Joining in
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! WiFi keeps dropping out

This past five days we’ve experienced issues with our WiFi dropping out. It’s happening about every 30 minutes.  I have turned off hub/router. Have turned off devices , tried all suggested checks etc and still having issues.  We had no problem whatso...

Evelyn60 by On our wavelength
  • 80 replies
  • 4 kudos

No wifi signal

I am struggling to get a wifi signal in my apartment outside of the living room (where the router is set up).For info..I live in a new build 2 bed apartment..all walls are hellish thick and every door is fire rated..so the apartment is great for ener...

Charley2 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband box outside broken

The box where the broadband enters the house is broken and the wires are exposed. The box won’t just fit back together.  I have covered over with a temp fix but how do I get an engineer to come and fix 

IMG_5288.jpeg
kenty_00 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light on hub constantly on

The red light is constantly on - I have gone through all the various steps several times but nothing seems to correct it. Is it possible to have a replacement?thanks

sblythe by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

volt and pods

any ideas on how to get the new hub 5 im on volt now for 3.5 years and still have original hub 3 and one  2 pods which was supposed to be 3 to cover back end of house which i had confirmed was being sent out nearly 12 months ago that never arrived an...

High RS error count

Just upgraded to 1GBit and my download speeds are all over the place but generally no better that the 380M/Bit i was on before. The logs show a lot of RS errors, i have rebooted the modem a few times but they keep going up. Can someone from virgin pl...

GP1981 by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Solid Red light on router.

For the last week or so the white light on the front of the router  has changed from white to Pink and now to a solid red. I have followed actions on previous posts I. E. Switched off and unplugged for 30 minutes, also pinhole reset for 30 seconds an...