cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 issues

blueskies76
Tuning in

My hub 3 is a few years old and appears to intermittently drop connection speed even with 3 pods. Also the light on the front has gone from a light amber to a deep amber/red. Hub speed into the hub is excellent 273 but device speed sat in front on the hub (with no other devices connected) can range from 14.2 to 242.

Would a new hub even this out as when it drops so low the pods stop and no one can use the internet in the house.

I have rebooted the hub many times and reset the connect app. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @blueskies76,

Glad we were able to have that private chat to go about looking into your issue, do let me know how the appointment goes and if I can do anything further, let me know here.

Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

"14.2 to 242". - this may be more about the connecting Wi-Fi device that the Hub.  

The lower speed suggests a device connecting on the 2.4Ghz band, the upper via the 5Ghz band.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi blueskies76, 

Thanks for taking the time to pop in our Community.

We're very sorry to hear you're having some issues with your connection and that your Hub 3 displaying a red light. Just to double check, is the Hub currently in modem mode? If so then the light will be a magenta colour but can look quite red at times. This is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. 

If it's not then please follow the below steps: 

• ➡ Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
  • ➡ Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.
  • ➡ Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

If the red light still shows after doing the above, pop back here and let us know. We can then arrange an engineer to visit to swap out the Hub. Once the red light issue is resolved, we can then take a look at the connection issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks. I’ve done this and still the same. It’s also not recognise my pods now either

Hey @blueskies76,

Thanks for getting back to us with this, I would like to go about looking into this further with you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information from you in a quick private message.

Joe

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @blueskies76,

Glad we were able to have that private chat to go about looking into your issue, do let me know how the appointment goes and if I can do anything further, let me know here.

Joe