cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Wi-Fi Pods reset?

forshawj
Up to speed

Hi,

I just upgraded Hub to V5 and thought I would give the Wi-Fi Pods another try .. as I had read that they perform much better compared to the V4 which never was reliable for me...

I plugged in one of the Pods and used the Connect utility but this doesn't see the pods. I guess that the pods need resetting as they previously were configured for the V4.

So I rang VM support and asked about getting 3 pods restarted... Well I got to the first one YAAJ1350**** and doesn't appear on VM's support system 😞 So I rang off...

Any idea HOW I can get the pods reset? Is there a simple process? Ringing 150 doesn't seem to be the answer 😞 Or do I need 3 NEW pods and can send the olds one back... ?!

Thanks

Jeff

20 REPLIES 20

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jeff, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your WiFi Pods weren't reconfigured for you when the hub was updated. 

This will need to be done they will connect to the new hub. We'll need to check a few details with you to allow us to check things further for you so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi forshawj, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

I'm glad we've been able to help and there is a plan for moving forward. 

I look forward to hearing back from you in a few days when your new pod arrives. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi forshawj, 

Thanks so much for sticking with me via private message on this one. 

I'm really glad things are resolved now and the pods are working better than previously. 

If you have any further issues then feel free to pop back to us in the Community and we can help you further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Hub 5 installed today and now my WiFi pod is just blinking white and no pods detected in the connect app. 

I knew I'd have this problem and made a point of asking the engineer about the pod and he assured me it would be working within 15 minutes of being turned off and on again. I've tried cabling it into the router and moving it closer. 

My pc doesn't have WiFi so this pod is the only way my pc will work and now I'm left without when I have work to do! 

Someone please help me to get this up and running asap as I can't do anything without it! 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi elle__tay 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your Pods after a Hub replacement. In usual cases, the Pods do automatically pair to a new Hub, but can sometimes fail. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into this.

Please look out for my message in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi there.

Exactly the same problem here- a new Hub 5 installed and the pods refusing to work with it, just blinking very slowly. Could I get a magic message to sort this out?

Thanks!

Hi @Bob32 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues that you are having with the WiFi pods. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Bob32
Joining in

Many thanks for the help, Sabrina B. The problem is now solved.

Hi @Bob32

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that this has now been resolved for you.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!