cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does a speed upgrade take?

endure
On our wavelength

Ordered a speed upgrade online on Monday after it was offered by SMS with a slight price increase. Order was confirmed online (I have the order reference) but was sent to an old email which I'd upgraded ages ago.

Spoke to support who've upgraded my email address but I've heard nothing further about the upgrade.

How long does a simple speed upgrade take to process please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @endure 

Upgrades made over the phone are usually actioned immediately. Upgrades made by any other method can take up to 10 working normally, and at present 14 working days as they are processed manually and there is currently a backlog.

Also if your upgrade includes additional or new equipment such as changing from a hub 3 to a hub 4 or hub 5, then the upgrade won't be completed until the new equipment has been installed and activated.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @endure 

Upgrades made over the phone are usually actioned immediately. Upgrades made by any other method can take up to 10 working normally, and at present 14 working days as they are processed manually and there is currently a backlog.

Also if your upgrade includes additional or new equipment such as changing from a hub 3 to a hub 4 or hub 5, then the upgrade won't be completed until the new equipment has been installed and activated.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

endure
On our wavelength

Thanks for the quick reply. It's just a speed upgrade with a slight increase in price. I've looked at my online account and there's no mention of an upgrade/new contract at all.

davestewart86
Joining in

Mine did it almost straight away. 
Run a speed test then reset your hub and do it again and see if it’s higher.

ps your next bill will be higher like mine. 

Just got onto Whatsapp and they did straight away. The thing is they're offered me a 100Mb/s upgrade at a cost that's lower than the cost of living increase that's happening at the end of this month so I'm paying 36p less that I would if I didn't upgrade 😁

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This will of course start a new fixed term contract.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.