cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak signals on 15 devices

bazzauns51
Tuning in

My hub was replaced a week ago and now I have intermittent contact with the hub. There are suddenly issues connecting with all devices. Weak signal being the fault.  Can anyone help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

If the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band was not operating the Hub 3 would appear to have poor range.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub model did you get - was it the same as the previous one?

Also, can you do this to see if your issues are only evident on wifi connections or whether you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check on one to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi there, I had a hub 3 and the engineer replaced with the same model. It is only the wireless connections that are not working properly

Client62
Legend

If the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band was not operating the Hub 3 would appear to have poor range.

I chatted with a guy online he has named the 2.4 and the 5ghz separately so instead of the hub ID I choose one of the bandwidths. Needless to say it hasn't worked

Client62
Legend

Configure your mobile to be able to connect to both Wi-Fi services from the Hub to ensure it has fast coverage on 5GHz when close to the Hub as well as longer range coverage on 2.4GHz when at a distance from the Hub.

You can connect to the Hub at http://192.168.0.1/ (use the Hub's numeric password) and re-configure the Wi-Fi settings as you prefer. 

We do not have split names for the 2.4 & 5GHz bands but we have imposed these settings on our Hub 3 for better stability:

Client62_0-1689525728997.png