cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How exactly does the Service Status checker works on VM website ?

gumochlon
Tuning in

I have a bit of a issue...

Since yesterday my internet is pretty much down. It was up late last night / early in the morning, and went out again today... 
I checked with my neighbours in my building and in nearby buildings, whom I know are VM's customers, and all of them do not have internet at the moment, all showing exactly same symptoms (superhubs not getting DHCP, showing "Internet: Access Denied" or "No RF signal" ).
Each time either one of us checks the service status page :
https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/service-status/

It keeps saying there is no issue with broadband in our area (area 14), while it does show an issue with the TV.

Every time I call support - I get told that an engineer visit needs to be booked (I have one booked atm), but still - whoever I talk to, they always ignore the details, where I explain: "look this issue affects multiple people in multiple buildings on my street" part....

It's almost like talking to GP Chat, even though I think that would be a lot easier....

The only reason I'm staying with VM atm is due to inability of getting a proper FTTP service here (waiting for Openreach / City Fibre to do their cabling, as soon as it happens, I'm switching).

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Treat the faults call as a means-to-an-end of getting the tech booked, the agent won't be the one with "boots on the ground" resolving the issue so forget trying to persuade them as to the cause - it's unnecessary effort on your part.

When the tech is booked and arrives, then feel free to explain to them in as much gory detail as you fancy. If multiple users from the same cab/postcode/area all report similar issues, they do get reviewed with a view to an area fault. Or indeed when the tech traces the fault, they may identify a wider networks issue and can act accordingly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gumochlon, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having and that you intend to leave us 😔

I've taken a look on our side and can see that, since you posted, an outage has been verified as fixed.

Is your internet service now back up and running? Please let us know.

Thank you for your support @japitts 👍

Regards,
Daniel