cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 3

Angie1986
Joining in

Hiya,

We have just received a replacement for our Hub3 which was faulty.  The replacement we have received is another Hub3 - disappointing as we expected to receive the most current model or at least a 4.  When contacted Virgin advised that 4 and 5 are only available for people with the highest speed and they are not that reliable. They also advised they are short of stock of Hub5's so these are reserved for new customers taking highest speeds.   I asked if the Hub3 being distributed are new or refurbished (on basis there are now 4 & 5 available) and the adviser couldn't confirm.

We are only a few months into our renewed contract and feel we are being fobbed off.  Our speed was increased to 250 on renewal and since then we have more crashes.  I cant confirm if this was a problem with the Hub or because it couldnt cope with increased speed. Should I accept or push for a newer model?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All VM kit is rented and reused.  You are not guaranteed a new unit.  The current models are 3, 4 and 5.  The Hub 3 is supplied on tiers up to 600Mb, so well within your speed range.  The Hub 4 and 5 are mostly for the 1Gb tier, but it's really stock dependant as well.

If your Broadband circuit is crashing, you need to post all the stats from the Hub for comment.  Also setup a BQM to monitor 24 x 7 and record the circuit performance.   www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

It may help to refresh the Hub with a "factory reset" as below.  Note all tests should be done wired, as VM only guarantee Wifi at 30Mb.

60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Angie1986

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.
A replacement would be the same Hub, this is free of charge if due to a fault.

The Hub 3 is compatible with your speeds.

If you are interested in upgrading your speed and hub, please call the team and they would be happy to review this with you. Please call 150 from a Virgin Media Landline or 03454541111 from any other phone. 

If you are having any issues with your broadband service, please tell us a bit more and we would be happy to help further here.  

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide