cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet issue: Powerline adapters not connected

mcshanks
Joining in

I'm about to throw the Hub3.0 through the front door - the TP link powerline adapters (worked happily for years) have developed a fault and no Powerline connection is seen. The main adapter recognises a cable is plugged in and has power, but the "home" light isn't coming up. The 3 powerline hubs are powered on but not finding network. Tried rebooting, resetting different network cable, I'm close to admitting defeat! The Virgin tech was just looking to sell me a new broadband connection with Virgin powerline 'pods'... I don't need a new connection - just need my existing kit to work how it did before 😭😭😭

Can anyone help with the setting for checking the Ethernet ports are allowing connections? I suppose it might just be that my Ethernet adapter has stopped working but I've no way of knowing...

Thanks in advance for any help or advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

The TP-LINK  Poweline adaptor house symbol lights up when it is part of a Powerline network ( i.e. nothing to do with the Hub 3 )

Having reset the TP-Link Powerline adaptors they will need to be re-paired into one network ( this should get the house symbol lit on all 3 units  )

If required,  the Powerline network can be secured using the TP-LINK Utility program.

Refer to the TP-LINK UK website for product manuals and the Utility program.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Search for fire, smoke, sparks, explosion etc on here and you will find that the old pre-pod powerline adapters are real fire hazards and should have been withdrawn by VM ages ago. Keep the hub but throw the adapters out of the front door and get your own better router with the hub in modem mode. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

mcshanks
Joining in

Is there a setting that has changed on the router? Something to not allow Ethernet connections? I'm getting dogs abuse from the console gamer son - it's like the end of days because he has to use WIFI connection until I sort it LOL!

Client62
Legend

The TP-LINK  Poweline adaptor house symbol lights up when it is part of a Powerline network ( i.e. nothing to do with the Hub 3 )

Having reset the TP-Link Powerline adaptors they will need to be re-paired into one network ( this should get the house symbol lit on all 3 units  )

If required,  the Powerline network can be secured using the TP-LINK Utility program.

Refer to the TP-LINK UK website for product manuals and the Utility program.

Hi @mcshanks 👋 Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having and that you feel this way 😔

Just to confirm, has the excellent advice provided by @Client62 resolved the matter?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

mcshanks
Joining in

Well, I came downstairs this morning and they have started working again?!? I haven't paired all 3 as I needed to crack on with work, but the connection is back yes 👏👏👏

I have an Amazon Fire Cube which has now lost the WiFi connection, but I haven't tackled that issue as yet. The Virgin hub is a temperamental beast that's for sure! Thanks for helping a technophobe to get his son gaming again too! 

Thanks for the update mcshanks and glad to hear this seems to have been resolved. If you need further support or have any other questions, please let us know 😊 

Rob