cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad coverage with my pool band and Wi-Fi

SDD
Just joined

hi since joining Virgin I cannot get a Wi-Fi signal throughout my property. At first you could only get it in the one room then I sent for two pods and they are fine as long as you’re stood in the same room as the pod but that still leaves half my property without any broadband or  Wi-Fi signal. I have always had cameras up around my property and this has caused the security issue as well as a disruption as to where you have to sit to go online or stream. I am being sent third pod but I can’t see how that’s going to work with my security cameras as they are attached to the outside of the building they’ve always worked perfectly and made me feel secure. Can anyone help with this problem 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the pods are not sorting the issue (see link below) you should consider buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever.

If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point(s), (4) a pair of good quality Wifi Powerline Adaptors, or a combination of (2&3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

What was the previous ISP service & what network kit was used to distribute Wi-Fi throughout the house for the external CCTV cameras ?