cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tech support

lostboy
Joining in

Another one here, I noticed mine after several phone calls where the other end couldn't hear me but I could hear them. 

I've done the reboots, factory reset, reconnected all the cables and checked the router is barely even warm but the red light is still on.

My call to tech support just resulted in them saying it all looks fine from their end and not to worry about it but with the light on all the time it can't now warn of a real overheat if it happens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lostboy 

Thanks for joining me on PM and confirming your details. This has allowed me to book in a tech visit for the red light on the hub. It'll be viewable shortly via the online account. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•              The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•              The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•              The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lostboy 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Please make your own thread in the future 🙂 this is purely to ensure no work is missed. 

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lostboy 

Thanks for joining me on PM and confirming your details. This has allowed me to book in a tech visit for the red light on the hub. It'll be viewable shortly via the online account. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•              The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•              The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•              The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

John_GS
Forum Team

lostboy
Joining in

All sorted now thanks. Turned out to be a faulty router that needed replacing. Thanks for sorting it out so promptly.

Glad to hear this @lostboy 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

trothw
Joining in

Had good visit from tech, was told I'd be contacted by Medallia to feed back. Still no email, over a week later. Tried to contact VM (huh!) so here I'd like to THANK Jake, id no 84984 for his speedy and efficient help. I don't know how else to give this feedback! 10 out of 10. PLEASE someone pass this on to him. I'm based in Oxford.

Hi @trothw 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies you have not had this survey sent to you, rest assured we will pass on your kind words from your engineer visit. We are so happy that you satisfied with their visit 😍.

Should you need us in the future, please do reach back out to us. 

Sabrina

And Jake 84984 is still providing excellent service in Oxfordshire in June 2024 ! Like you I didn't get the post visit feedback email so hope someone at VM reads this as a 10/10 review.

Hi @beardyninja 

Thanks for sending us this, I've sent it on to him now :).

John_GS
Forum Team