cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

log on to my virgin media can see any offers or my renewal contract offers

antman000
Joining in

hello as I am no longer in a contract with Virgin Media it  has expired my wife asked me to look at the offers or the renewals contract offers and every day for 2 weeks I have tried to see them and it always gives me the same error message I have tried 2 different web browsers tried it on mobile  also through the app and nothing works  is this  a common thing 

Screenshot 2024-03-17 230023.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

FlockWallpaper
Dialled in

Technically and legally, you are still in a contract with VM, this never ends until either you or VM takes steps to terminate it. What you mean is that you are no longer in minimum term period (usually 18 months) and hence are free to leave without penalty, subject to giving VM 30 days notice of your decision to do so.

But in answer to your question, yes, what you have experienced is not too uncommon, VM’s backend web sites and infrastructure generally display all the resilience and stability of a jelly nailed to a wall!

But, you are now in a good negotiating position, firstly please investigate alternative suppliers, what they offer, for how much etc. If anything looks tempting then call VM and simply give notice to quit. This is the only way that they will offer you a better deal. But maybe they won’t and will simply accept your notice to quit and that’s it - which is why you have to have investigated alternatives and be prepared to switch.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @antman000 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry to hear that you are unable to renew via the site, have you also tried via the app version of My Virgin Media? You an speak to our team on 0345 454 1111 where our agents will be more than happy to look at a new deal for you.