cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pod not working with new router

keishalois
Joining in

Hi there

I received a new router when moving address when the technician came to install Virgin at my new house but my wifi pod does not connect to the new router. How do I reset the wifi pod so it can connect to the new router? We do need a wifi pod in the new house as the signal does not reach everywhere. 

Thanks

Keisha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

VM have to either re-pair the VM Pod to the new VM Hub, or replace the VM Pod.

VM are too bone idle to do this for customers when a new Hub is issued.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

29 REPLIES 29

Client62
Legend

VM have to either re-pair the VM Pod to the new VM Hub, or replace the VM Pod.

VM are too bone idle to do this for customers when a new Hub is issued.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, keishalois.
Thanks for joining our help forums and for your first post here, a warm welcome to the the VM community! We're delighted to have you on board. 🙂

Sorry to hear your Wi Fi Pod is not connecting with the new hub you had fitted following a house move, we'd love to assist with this.

We'll need to check a few details and see how we can best help linking the Pod to the new Wi Fi and network, in order to do this I'll send you a PM here shortly.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

keishalois
Joining in

Just to update, Adri G sorted it for us super quick 🙂 thanks for your help! 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you so much for updating the thread, keishalois.
You're always welcome as a valued member of our community to come back to us and ask for help if you need anything more moving forward. 🙂

Enjoy your new hub and Wi Fi Pod now!
Our best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri_G,

I recieved a new hub 5 router recently (I used to have a hub 3). I have one existing WiFi pod and also just got a 2nd pod too (both are the same type).

The 2nd pod has connected to the new router. But the 1st one still does not connect. Can you please help with re-registering it to my new hub please?

Many thanks,

KKaria

Hi KKaria, 

Thank you for your post and welcome the community. 

I'm sorry for the issue you're having with that WiFi pod. 

Have you been able to check out this page for further help: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/booster-and-wi-fi-pods

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes I've had a look at the link you sent. I think my previous pod needs registering to this new router.

Is that something you can do?

Many thanks

We can certainly look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

I am having the same problem since receiving my new hub 5 router. The WiFi  pod I have just refuses to link to it. I would appreciate any help that can be offered!