cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin refuse to cancel account - keep ignoring requests, demanding money!

c9off
Tuning in

I have been with Virgin (NTL etc) forever, never missed a payment.

Have trying to cancel without success, been out of contract for nearly two years during which time Virgin feel that it is my fault they overcharge, so I'm leaving - or so I thought!

I paid up to end of October, so as Virgin have ignored verbal chat & online complaint, I stopped DD & unpluged.

They now demand £122!!!!!The only contact is from an automated bot saying you have not paid.

Reported to Ofcom. GOOD LUCK IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE!

9 REPLIES 9

goslow
Alessandro Volta

When (and by what means) did you give VM your 30 days notice to cancel?

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @c9off,

Sorry to hear about your ongoing issues with trying to cancel, as asked by @goslow can you confirm when you gave your 30 days notice? This will allow us to see when your services would have cancelled.

Joe

c9off
Tuning in

FINALLY, Virgin have made contact, admitted mistake(s), cancelled all subsequent bills. They have also made a credit strike against me, which will also be cancelled, so beware! 30 day email account usage, after will be cancelled - contrary to cancellation guy who said I keep it indefinitely.

Hope this record will assist some other poor sole!

Hi c9off,

Thank you for reaching back out, glad to her your account has now been cancelled and all incorrect bills removed, apologies again for any inconvenience caused, if you do need any further support, please reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

c9off
Tuning in

Now Virgin are threatening to charge me for not one but TWO routers not returned, I only have one, didn't receive

return info, now away for another month... unable to contact... refuse to do live chat or phone, wasted too much time.

the misery just doesn't stop!

Hi c9off,

Sorry for any confusion regarding the equipment returns, so I can take a closer look at this, I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

c9off
Tuning in

After assistance from Alex it seems he can't stop Virgin charging me, apparently I had a replacement router 

in the past that was not returned... BEWARE if you had faulty router replacement!

c9off
Tuning in

Virgin have charged me £80 for two routers unreturned. I have no idea why two, but the one I have will be sent when I return home. Previously they made a credit mark (which the subsequently removed). This will probably happen again - Happy Christmas Virgin!

ps: router is HUB3, they offered me an upgrade, but when I applied they said not eligible 😞

Hi c9off,

Please respond to our last private message if this is something you still need help with.

Alex_Rm